The 2023 Grant Cycle is closed. Please check back to apply for 2024.
2023 BGDF Grantseeker Workshop
How to create a new account on our grants management system
ABOUT THE BLACK GIRLS DREAM FUND
The Southern Black Girls and Women’s Consortium (Southern Black Girls) launched the Black Girls Dream Fund to disrupt current grantmaking efforts in the south and to channel greater resources toward organizations that are, intentionally, supporting and empowering Black girls and women. Southern Black Girls is excited to invite new applicants, who are Black women-led projects and/or organizations within our 13 state region, to apply. The 2023 Black Girl Dream Fund offers general operating grants to support the capaity of organizations that care for Black girls.
The Black Girls Dream Fund offers support in five categories: Education, Health + Wellness, Economic Opportunity, Social Justice and Leadership+ Empowerment in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, East Texas, West Virginia and Virginia.
We engage our Wisdom Council to select which applications will receive awards. The Wisdom Council is comprised of Black women leaders of organizations or projects in our 13-state region. Notifications of awards will take place in December 2022.
GRANT-SEEKER WORKSHOP SERIES
The Southern Black Girls will host a series of workshops between September 21 – October 20, for new and returning applicants who wish to learn more about the Black Girls Dream Fund and how to submit a winning application.
Available Dates – please only choose one meeting to attend.
- Sep 27, 2022 06:30 PM
- Sep 29, 2022 06:30 PM
- Oct 4, 2022 06:30 PM
- Oct 6, 2022 06:30 PM
- Oct 18, 2022 06:30 PM
- Oct 20, 2022 06:30 PM
Registration Link – please click the following link to register and select your preferred date from the drop down menu.
NEW APPLICANTS FOR 2023 BLACK GIRLS DREAM FUND
New applicants to the Black Girls Dream Fund must complete an application via our grants management system. In order to best prepare for the application and submission process, please attend one of our informative grant-seeker workshops. Also, please review the FAQs and the Black Girls Dream Fund Outcomes to learn more about the types of activities we fund.
Completing the Application
- Use this link to access the application.
- The Southern Black Girls will offer several grant-seeker workshops between September 6, 2022 through October 20, 2022. Register for one of the sessions.
- The SBGWC uses an online application grants management system called Fondant. Applicants will need to create a profile to complete the application. Click here to begin a new application. Refer to the attached document for help to create an account.
- The SBGWC accepts video applications as well.
- Work and be located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, East Texas =, Virginia, or West Virginia.
- Led and informed by Black girls and women and be community led
- Serve black girls and women
- Organizations must have their 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) organization. Please let us know if you need assistance in obtaining a fiscal sponsor.
Not Eligible for Funding
- Profit-making organizations
- Electoral lobbying for initiatives or public office.
- Major capital projects
- Religious-based programming